Inmate Visitation - Maguire Correctional Facility
Maguire Correctional Facility
300 Bradford Street (View Map)
Redwood City, CA 94063
(650) 363-4000, ext. 6070 or 6071
The visiting schedule and rules for Maguire Correctional Facility are as follows:
|Tuesday / Wednesday / Thursday / Friday||Saturday / Sunday|
|8:00AM – 8:45AM|
10:00AM – 10:45AM
|NO VISITING IN A.M. HOURS|
|2:00PM – 2:45PM||2:00PM – 2:45PM|
|7:00PM – 7:45PM|
9:00PM – 9:45PM
|7:00PM – 7:45PM|
9:00PM – 9:45PM
Scheduling a Visit:
- All visitors must pre-register by calling (650)363-4000 and asking for extension 6070. Visits can be scheduled between the hours of 6:30 A.M. and 9:30 P.M.
- All visits will be scheduled one day in advance by calling the number listed above.
- Visitors must check in AT LEAST 15 minutes prior to their visitation start time and no more than 45 minutes prior to the scheduled visit. Visitors arriving late (less than 15 minutes late) will only receive the balance of the remaining visit time. If a visitor is more than 15 minutes late the visit is automatically cancelled. Cancelled visits will not be rescheduled. All visiting times will end on schedule.
All Visitors intending on going into the visiting rooms will be required to present valid picture identification to the Sheriff's staff. Acceptable identification is as follows:
- U.S. Driver’s License
- U.S. Identification Card
- U.S. Immigration Identification
- Military Identification
- Valid Passport
- Other Government Issued photo ID
Dress Code Restrictions:
Visitors are required to dress appropriately while visiting inmates.
- Shorts, skirts, and dresses must be at least as long as the bottom of the fingertips when arms are placed at the sides.
- No bare midriffs, low-cut tops, or any revealing or provocative attire will be allowed.
- No gang attire or gang insignias will be permitted.
- No bandanas, beanies, hairnets, hoods, or hats.
- No steel-toed boots or shoes that will not clear the metal detector.
- Visitors will not be permitted to wear “stiletto” type heels, as this would heighten the risk of injury within the facility.
- No orange or red clothing will be allowed in this facility.
If dressed inappropriately, the visitor will not be allowed to visit. Final determination on clothing will be made by lobby staff. Visitors, who are unsure as to the acceptability of their attire, should dress as if they are going to court. If dressed inappropriately, you will not be allowed to visit.
- Only one person, per visit is allowed. Children are not allowed and the visitor must be eighteen (18) years old or older.
- Any person that was released from custody in San Mateo County in the previous 6 months will not be allowed to visit for 6 months after their release date without the Watch Commander’s approval. Additionally, convicted felons who wish to visit must have the approval of the Watch Commander or his designee, prior to any visit being conducted.
- Visitors are not allowed to bring anything into the visiting area. Purses, keys, books, lighters, beepers, cellular phones, pocketknives, etc. are to be left outside the facility or stored in the lockers located in the public lobby. Lockers are available for rent for $0.25.
- Inmates are limited to two visits per seven-day period, no more than one in a day. The designated seven-day period for each inmate is different, and may change depending on the most recent visiting date.
- Visits will last 45 minutes.
- Visitors who allow unauthorized persons into the visiting rooms with them are subject to cancellation of their visit and possibly their future visits being revoked.
- Any inappropriate behavior will result in immediate termination of the visit and may result in the loss of future visiting privileges.
- Visitors appearing to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will have the visit canceled, may be barred from future video visitation visits, and may be subject to arrest.
- Damaging or defacing visitation equipment may result in criminal prosecution.
- Visitors who are disruptive, disrespectful, verbally abusive, or argumentative with staff or other visitors will be asked to leave the facility and have their visit cancelled and may lose all future visiting privileges.
- Visits may be canceled without advanced notice for security reasons and/or any other reason deemed necessary by the Watch Commander and/or his/her designee.
- Children may not be left unattended anywhere at the Maguire Correctional Facility at any time. A member of the Service League of San Mateo County may be available at certain hours of the day to attend to children in the Family Waiting Room located in the Maguire Correctional Facility lobby. Hours are subject to change.